Wolters Kluwer UK Selects Vlocity Insurance to Deliver Managed Cloud Portal
Staff Writer | May 19, 2015
Vlocity Inc., an industry cloud software company has been selected by the United Kingdom division of global information services company Wolters Kluwer to modernize the online experience for its tax insurance customers.
Vlocity Insurance will be deployed as a managed cloud portal for Wolters Kluwer UK to integrate its front-office customer data with its back-office policy and claims management systems for a unified customer experience for both its accounting firms and policyholders. Built on Vlocity Insurance and the Salesforce Sales Cloud and Communities Cloud, which are part of the Salesforce Customer Success Platform, the cloud portal will save time and money for claims submissions and policy acquisition while reducing instances of fraud.
“Wolters Kluwer UK required a robust solution tailored to the unique demands of their industry that can be deployed quickly and cost effectively,” says Dominic Dinardo, Vlocity managing director Europe. “Building on the Salesforce Community Cloud and Sales Cloud, we’re meeting those needs for Wolters Kluwer UK while delivering a modern and satisfying experience for policyholders that fulfills compliance and accounting requirements.”
Wolters Kluwer required a real-time cloud portal for managing tax-related insurance policies to avoid a lag caused by off-line policy purchasing, claim reporting, and payment. The portal will create a connection between end user policyholders, the accountants selling the policy schemes, and the Wolters Kluwer back-office environment for faster, more accurate and easier claims submission and renewals. The new portal will manage policy sales, policy service, claims, renewals, and pricing between Wolters Kluwer, its base of more than 400 accounting firms, and thousands of policyholders.
“Vlocity Insurance allows us to compete more effectively and at a faster time to value than custom designed or non-industry specific solutions,” says Wolters Kluwer UK CTO Kenneth Davis. “With Vlocity Insurance and Salesforce, we can deploy in a quarter of the time we expected, and deliver a deeper set of features and capabilities using a scalable architecture that is simple to upgrade and maintain over time.”
Vlocity provides a complete insurance cloud-based solution built entirely on the Salesforce Customer Success Platform. At Wolters Kluwer, the Vlocity Insurance solution provides:
- Real-time confirmation of policyholder coverage and claims history;
- Streamlined claims submission and management across all policy stakeholders;
- Real-time notification of new policyholder coverage and enhanced policy information.
“We are thrilled to continue our work with Vlocity to meet the growing demand for industry-specific customer experiences in the cloud,” says Miguel Milano, president, EMEA Salesforce. “The combination of Vlocity Industry Cloud Apps with the Salesforce Customer Success Platform enables world-class customer sales and service across any channel and any device.”
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Insurance carriers interested in meeting or exceeding their customer’s expectations regarding mobility are looking at a two-pronged approach... READ MORE
Robert Regis Hyle
Everybody has a wish list and it seems that atop the lists for insurance carriers still operating with legacy systems is the desire to do away with... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Strategy Meets Action will hold its annual Summit in Boston on Sept. 14 and the focus for this year is: Becoming the Next-Gen Insurer... READ MORE
Starting last fall when the technology company dropped Mastek from its name and became simply Majesco, its mergers and acquisitions, and hirings have... READ MORE
Digital represents a continuous form of disruption to existing or new business models, products, services or experiences enabled by data and... READ MORE
In spite of all the arm-flapping and hand-waving stirred by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the way health insurance is purchased, and employee... READ MORE
- Vendor Views