Verisk Launches Mobile App for Vehicle Inspections
Staff Writer | April 29, 2014
Verisk Insurance Solutions – Underwriting announces the availability of RISK:check Virtual Inspector, a mobile application designed to improve the automobile insurance underwriting process. The new app uses patent-pending technology to enable agents and consumers to capture real-time images and information during the quote or application process.
Many insurance companies offer mobile apps to help policyholders manage coverage, pay bills, or report claims. But few carriers have used the smartphone to improve the quote or application process with new data and analytics, according to John Cantwell, vice president of auto product management, Verisk Underwriting.
Consumers are comfortable providing information, including photographs, via their smartphones, especially when they know it could be helpful in a future claims situation. And insurers will benefit from real-time information, such as the exact location of the consumer's vehicle and the ability to capture important rating and underwriting information quickly and easily, adds Cantwell.
"I think we're just beginning the journey where mobile-based images, information, and analytics will improve the customer experience while simultaneously helping insurers improve underwriting accuracy,” he says.
A demo version of Verisk's RISK:check Virtual Inspector is available in the app stores for both Apple and Android smartphones. The app requires a one-time registration using the customer's email address and cell phone number. Once registered, users can employ the application to "inspect" their vehicles. The new technology includes a vehicle identification number (VIN) bar code scanner and decoder. The demo application will return a real-time PDF report for each inspection to a user-provided e-mail address.
“The demo app is a 'lite' version of the technology we'll customize for each insurance company based on product, market, workflow, and proprietary data needs,” says Cantwell. “It's intended to allow Verisk's customers to 'imagine the possibilities' of mobile image and data capture in the underwriting process."
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Few Surprises in Cybersecurity for Insurers
- Few Surprises in Cybersecurity for Insurers
- ITA Pro Weekly, January 20, 2016
- Verisk Releases Cyber Exposure Data Standard for Insurance
- British Insurer Selects Guidewire Core Systems
- Nationwide Private Client Expands into New States with ISCS Solution
- Majesco, Appulate Announce Strategic Partnership
- Boston Mutual Partners with Onyx Data Solutions
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Insurance carriers interested in meeting or exceeding their customer’s expectations regarding mobility are looking at a two-pronged approach... READ MORE
Robert Regis Hyle
Everybody has a wish list and it seems that atop the lists for insurance carriers still operating with legacy systems is the desire to do away with... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Strategy Meets Action will hold its annual Summit in Boston on Sept. 14 and the focus for this year is: Becoming the Next-Gen Insurer... READ MORE
Starting last fall when the technology company dropped Mastek from its name and became simply Majesco, its mergers and acquisitions, and hirings have... READ MORE
Digital represents a continuous form of disruption to existing or new business models, products, services or experiences enabled by data and... READ MORE
In spite of all the arm-flapping and hand-waving stirred by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the way health insurance is purchased, and employee... READ MORE
- Vendor Views