Verisk Enters Strategic Alliance with IMS
Staff Writer | June 18, 2015
Verisk Insurance Solutions announces a new strategic alliance with global connected-car company Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS), a provider of comprehensive insurance telematics services.
Backed by sophisticated telematics models filed in most U.S. states, Verisk has aligned with IMS because of its approach to deploying successful insurance telematics programs worldwide. This strategic alliance signifies the extension of IMS strategy to continue offering insurers best-of-class choices for driver analytics insight.
"Our telematics models are based on detailed actuarial analysis of auto claims losses, which puts policyholder driving behavior in context with real-time driving conditions," says Jim Levendusky, vice president of telematics at Verisk Insurance Solutions. "Verisk is pleased to collaborate with IMS to provide our powerful high-performance analytics and driver risk scores to insurers."
"IMS brings tried and tested expertise in end-to-end operations, logistics, customer support, and innovation that insurers can implement today," says Ben Dailey, executive director of U.S. sales and business development at IMS. "IMS has teamed with Verisk because of its close network of relationships within the property/casualty insurance market and its ability to bring its filed, market-ready Safety Scoring and GeoMetric programs to our insurance telematics technology."
To date, 43 states have approved the Safety Scoring program, which monitors driver behavior and provides a risk score that underwriters can use to provide discounts for safe drivers. GeoMetric, a risk score and driver discount rule that looks to reward policyholders who drive in areas safer than where their vehicles are garaged, is currently available in 34 states.
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Insurance carriers interested in meeting or exceeding their customer’s expectations regarding mobility are looking at a two-pronged approach... READ MORE
Robert Regis Hyle
Everybody has a wish list and it seems that atop the lists for insurance carriers still operating with legacy systems is the desire to do away with... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Strategy Meets Action will hold its annual Summit in Boston on Sept. 14 and the focus for this year is: Becoming the Next-Gen Insurer... READ MORE
Starting last fall when the technology company dropped Mastek from its name and became simply Majesco, its mergers and acquisitions, and hirings have... READ MORE
Digital represents a continuous form of disruption to existing or new business models, products, services or experiences enabled by data and... READ MORE
In spite of all the arm-flapping and hand-waving stirred by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the way health insurance is purchased, and employee... READ MORE
- Vendor Views