Octo Telematics, SAS Increase Telematics Data Insights, Reduce Risk
Staff Writer | February 03, 2015
Octo Telematics, a provider of insurance telematics services, and business analytics developer SAS will provide insurers and their policyholders with business insight using telematics data. The scope of the agreement between the two companies is designed to exploit technology and joint R&D to create new analytics algorithms and services, with a shared and common go-to-market strategy to selected insurance companies.
The current auto insurance environment makes it clear that developments in technology, regulatory change, and the need for differentiation in an increasingly commoditized market have led many insurers to assess the opportunity presented by usage-based insurance (UBI). In Europe and North America, awareness of UBI tripled between 2010 and 2013. In the UK alone, telematics-based car insurance sales have risen by more than 60 percent since June 2012.
Through this joint agreement, Octo Telematics and SAS hope to accelerate the acceptance rate of telematics into the insurance market, by creating and proving business value to insurers and consumers. Insurers will gain better consumer insight, improve CRM, generate more accurate pricing and have a more predictable risk base. Consumers will get individualized pricing, improved safety and additional value-added services, all delivered at a better price.
“Pairing leading-edge analytics and industry innovations from SAS with Octo’s telematics technology, data and global leadership is the first step in our vision of leading the insurance telematics revolution with a robust platform,” says Marco Icardi, managing director for SAS Italy.
“To date, Octo’s success has been built on the capability to understand the needs of insurance companies and consumers,” says Fabio Sbianchi, CEO of Octo Telematics. “This means conceiving, designing, and implementing services that are able to: reward good driving behavior, improve the claims management process efficiency, reconstruct accident dynamic and accelerate the claims indemnification process.”
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Insurance carriers interested in meeting or exceeding their customer’s expectations regarding mobility are looking at a two-pronged approach... READ MORE
Robert Regis Hyle
Everybody has a wish list and it seems that atop the lists for insurance carriers still operating with legacy systems is the desire to do away with... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Strategy Meets Action will hold its annual Summit in Boston on Sept. 14 and the focus for this year is: Becoming the Next-Gen Insurer... READ MORE
Starting last fall when the technology company dropped Mastek from its name and became simply Majesco, its mergers and acquisitions, and hirings have... READ MORE
Digital represents a continuous form of disruption to existing or new business models, products, services or experiences enabled by data and... READ MORE
In spite of all the arm-flapping and hand-waving stirred by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the way health insurance is purchased, and employee... READ MORE
- Vendor Views