New App from XL Group Improves View of Complex Risks
Staff Writer | February 10, 2014
XL Group’s insurance risk engineers are now using a new app designed for the company to transform how property loss prevention services and risk assessments are carried out and delivered.
The app allows engineers access to data and resources which allows them to better undertake a survey. It allows them to input data and update files to share with clients and underwriters in real time. XL Group made this investment in its technology to improve the quality, speed, accuracy, and productivity of its risk consulting operations. It worked with Cognizant, the provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services to develop the app.
The app enables XL Group’s risk engineers to stay engaged with clients continuously. It frees up more time for consultation and facilitates stronger collaboration between clients and engineers. Additionally, it improves throughput, cost-effectiveness, and turnaround time from data capture for customer reporting, while reducing the amount of equipment and paperwork that engineers need to carry onsite.
Commenting, , said:
“It’s a really impressive mobile tool. As well as allowing our risk engineers to better capture information, they also now have live access to our library of best practice advice on site,” says Ian France, chief underwriting officer, international property. “We are finding it much more powerful to provide our clients with live and visual examples of potential risk management solutions when actually on site looking at specific hazards.”
For example, an XL engineer can now call up a video showing how a sprinkler system performs and how a fire spreads if the system is not installed correctly or storage heights are exceeded, according to France.
“This approach allows for an immediate and visual demonstration of the value of risk engineering and drives a more collaborative approach to loss prevention with our clients,” he says. “Working in this way allows us to quickly and seamlessly access, capture, and analyze critical data. We believe it delivers an improved view of complex risks to underwriters and clients.”
The Group’s Executive Vice President and Chief Platform Officer, Myron Hendry, said: “With risks getting more complex, leveraging best-in-class mobile technology is key to further enhancing XL Group’s risk management capabilities, underpinning the flexibility, resilience, and creativity that differentiate us.”
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Insurance carriers interested in meeting or exceeding their customer’s expectations regarding mobility are looking at a two-pronged approach... READ MORE
Robert Regis Hyle
Everybody has a wish list and it seems that atop the lists for insurance carriers still operating with legacy systems is the desire to do away with... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Strategy Meets Action will hold its annual Summit in Boston on Sept. 14 and the focus for this year is: Becoming the Next-Gen Insurer... READ MORE
Starting last fall when the technology company dropped Mastek from its name and became simply Majesco, its mergers and acquisitions, and hirings have... READ MORE
Digital represents a continuous form of disruption to existing or new business models, products, services or experiences enabled by data and... READ MORE
In spite of all the arm-flapping and hand-waving stirred by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the way health insurance is purchased, and employee... READ MORE
- Vendor Views