Majesco Extends Cloud Platform for Core Insurance Software on IBM Cloud Softlayer
Staff Writer | July 22, 2015
Majesco has made its entire portfolio of property & casualty insurance software products available to customers in a public cloud via the IBM Cloud. Majesco Billing, which supports both P&C and life and annuity lines of business, is included in this launch, offering a customer-centric cloud based billing option for the industry.
By making its products available on IBM Cloud’s SoftLayer infrastructure, Majesco enables insurers to implement its core insurance software solutions in a secure, scalable, validated and proven environment as a viable option for their business transformation journey.
“We are pleased to extend our working relationship with IBM that has been evolving over a number of years,” says Ed Ossie, COO at Majesco. “Working with IBM will help insurers transform their business with a modern core solution that can be deployed on a proven and tested environment. We’ve already seen our customers benefit with positive operational and strategic results from the private cloud approach.”
Majesco’s new offering builds on an existing foundation and experience in providing private cloud/hosting services for over 20 customers. This new capability with a public/hybrid cloud turnkey solution offers customers an even broader value proposition with the flexibility to scale based on their operational and strategic needs.
“The combination of Majesco’s software solutions and IBM Cloud’s SoftLayer platform provide our clients with a flexible, scalable, and secure global infrastructure allowing them to tap into data centers in specific countries and regions,” said Patricia Hamilton, vice president of insurance strategy and transformation for IBM. “Insurers can fine-tune their cloud solution and rapidly deploy new servers and services to reach end users even faster.”
“Not surprisingly, the level of carrier interest in cloud computing continues to increase,” says Karlyn Carnahan, a research director with Celent’s insurance practice. “Cloud computing promises tremendous flexibility, tempting economic advantages, and unending operational efficiencies. To that end, leading service providers continue to invest in offering reliable, well managed cloud services to meet their customer needs.”
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Insurance carriers interested in meeting or exceeding their customer’s expectations regarding mobility are looking at a two-pronged approach... READ MORE
Robert Regis Hyle
Everybody has a wish list and it seems that atop the lists for insurance carriers still operating with legacy systems is the desire to do away with... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Strategy Meets Action will hold its annual Summit in Boston on Sept. 14 and the focus for this year is: Becoming the Next-Gen Insurer... READ MORE
Starting last fall when the technology company dropped Mastek from its name and became simply Majesco, its mergers and acquisitions, and hirings have... READ MORE
Digital represents a continuous form of disruption to existing or new business models, products, services or experiences enabled by data and... READ MORE
In spite of all the arm-flapping and hand-waving stirred by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the way health insurance is purchased, and employee... READ MORE
- Vendor Views