LexisNexis Acquires UK-based Telematics Service
Staff Writer | May 20, 2014
LexisNexis Risk Solutions announces it is expanding its global usage-based insurance (UBI) solutions with the acquisition of Wunelli, an industry-leading telematics data services company based in the United Kingdom.
“Wunelli brings telematics expertise, solutions, scores and unique data assets, experience with hundreds of millions of miles of telematics data that can help advance our existing telematics offering and provide our customers with greater ROI, and faster speed to market,” says Bill Madison, CEO, Insurance, for LexisNexis. “With usage-based insurance projected to grow to approximately 15 to 30 percent of the global auto insurance market in the coming years, our customers have communicated an increased need for a variety of telematics solutions to help them attract safer drivers, improve retention and avoid adverse selection.”
The combined LexisNexis and Wunelli datasets will result in one of the largest provider-held insurance telematics databases in the world, with solutions to support insurers as they assess risk, discount safer drivers and serve customers more effectively.
Wunelli Director, Sandy Dunn, said:
“LexisNexis and Wunelli share a complementary vision to provide the most comprehensive risk assessment solutions available to the insurance industry, and we look forward to combining our offerings,” says Sandy Dunn, Wunelli director. “LexisNexis data and analytics expertise, fast linking technology and HPCC Systems platform will help our customers execute on their global telematics strategies, while offering them an unparalleled level of insurance telematics service and support.”
In the UK, recent research shows that although only four percent of drivers currently have telematics fitted to their vehicles, almost 20 percent would consider telematics at their next renewal. LexisNexis 2013 Insurance Telematics Study found that in the U.S. discounts are the number one driver for UBI enrollment. Fifty percent of consumers are likely to sign up for a 10 percent discount while 36 percent would actually change insurers for a 10 percent discount.
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Insurance carriers interested in meeting or exceeding their customer’s expectations regarding mobility are looking at a two-pronged approach... READ MORE
Robert Regis Hyle
Everybody has a wish list and it seems that atop the lists for insurance carriers still operating with legacy systems is the desire to do away with... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Strategy Meets Action will hold its annual Summit in Boston on Sept. 14 and the focus for this year is: Becoming the Next-Gen Insurer... READ MORE
Starting last fall when the technology company dropped Mastek from its name and became simply Majesco, its mergers and acquisitions, and hirings have... READ MORE
Digital represents a continuous form of disruption to existing or new business models, products, services or experiences enabled by data and... READ MORE
In spite of all the arm-flapping and hand-waving stirred by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the way health insurance is purchased, and employee... READ MORE
- Vendor Views