IDP Announces Mobile Capabilities for Agency Software
Staff Writer | July 06, 2015
IDP announces the immediate availability of mobile capabilities to AgentXpress, the company's portal solution, which gives insurers and managing general agencies (MGAs) a competitive edge by empowering agents to close business faster and generate more revenue.
Originally offered as a browser-based solution, AgentXpress now features full support for both iOS and Android platforms with role-based security and the ability for IDP's insurer customers to include company-specific branding and content. Consumers today are conditioned to expect instant gratification, even when it comes to insurance policies and prices. These expectations drive the need for agents to be able to inquire on policy, claims and billing, as well as rate and quote, initiate policy transactions, view customer alerts and policy events, and print and distribute policy documents wherever they happen to be.
With no upfront licensing fees and the ability to integrate with any insurer or MGA core administration system, including InsuraSphere, IDP’s core administration system, AgentXpress can be implemented rapidly for an early realization of benefits and return on investment (ROI). Now with mobile capabilities, AgentXpress makes it easier than ever to pull needed information from third-party data providers, including CLUE, MVR, geolocation, and credit reports.
"IDP's R&D efforts consistently focus heavily on enhancements to our solutions which improve flexibility, and which allow for rapid implementation of a feature-rich system at an affordable price," says Joe Friend, senior vice president for IDP. "IDP has been leveling the playing field via InsuraSphere for years, and now, through InsuraSphere Mobile and AgentXpress Mobile there is an intuitive entry into the mobile arena for small to mid-size insurers. AgentXpress is just one more way IDP enables small and mid-size insurance organizations to compete on an even larger scale."
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Insurance carriers interested in meeting or exceeding their customer’s expectations regarding mobility are looking at a two-pronged approach... READ MORE
Robert Regis Hyle
Everybody has a wish list and it seems that atop the lists for insurance carriers still operating with legacy systems is the desire to do away with... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Strategy Meets Action will hold its annual Summit in Boston on Sept. 14 and the focus for this year is: Becoming the Next-Gen Insurer... READ MORE
Starting last fall when the technology company dropped Mastek from its name and became simply Majesco, its mergers and acquisitions, and hirings have... READ MORE
Digital represents a continuous form of disruption to existing or new business models, products, services or experiences enabled by data and... READ MORE
In spite of all the arm-flapping and hand-waving stirred by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the way health insurance is purchased, and employee... READ MORE
- Vendor Views