Co-operative Selects Cloud-Based SurePower Innovation Enterprise Suite
Staff Writer | May 08, 2015
ISCS announces that Co-operative Insurance has selected ISCS's cloud-based modern enterprise suite, SurePower Innovation, as the foundation of a legacy core administration and automation project. The suite will be delivered as a complete, managed SaaS solution via ISCS's SurePackage deployment option.
Co-operative Insurance, a 100-year-old property and casualty (P&C) insurance company, worked with Strategy Meets Action on the vendor and system selection process, which examined everything from the time and resources needed for a core replacement and available hosting services to the day-to-day reliability and responsiveness of available vendors. ISCS met all the requirements and criteria, and presented a good cultural fit for Co-operative. The solution will help Co-operative modernize outdated, existing systems and automate manual processes for efficiency.
"One of the key draws for us was ISCS's implementation track record and strategy which allows us to focus more on running our business and providing service to our customers," says Eric Rhoades, senior vice president, IT for Co-operative. "At the end of the day, we picked a vendor that not only met our business requirements for the system, but had an impressive ecosystem built with many integration points with multiple vendors to run our business."
ISCS's SurePower Innovation will provide a flexible platform from which Co-operative will be able to grow, enhancing the company's policy, billing and claims administration, as well as providing a firm foundation for expanded commercial lines, personal lines and farm lines. Implemented for Co-operative as a complete managed SaaS solution, SurePower Innovation enables Co-operative to enhance compliance capabilities, scalability, disaster recovery, and business continuity.
"Co-operative had a clear vision of what they wanted and where they wanted to go," says Andy Scurto, president of ISCS. "We have the technology, the industry knowledge and service standards to make their vision a reality, and are very pleased the Co-operative team has chosen ISCS and SurePower Innovation."
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Insurance carriers interested in meeting or exceeding their customer’s expectations regarding mobility are looking at a two-pronged approach... READ MORE
Robert Regis Hyle
Everybody has a wish list and it seems that atop the lists for insurance carriers still operating with legacy systems is the desire to do away with... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Strategy Meets Action will hold its annual Summit in Boston on Sept. 14 and the focus for this year is: Becoming the Next-Gen Insurer... READ MORE
Starting last fall when the technology company dropped Mastek from its name and became simply Majesco, its mergers and acquisitions, and hirings have... READ MORE
Digital represents a continuous form of disruption to existing or new business models, products, services or experiences enabled by data and... READ MORE
In spite of all the arm-flapping and hand-waving stirred by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the way health insurance is purchased, and employee... READ MORE
- Vendor Views