American Modern Picks Guidewire for Data Management, BI Solutions
Staff Writer | February 10, 2014
American Modern Insurance Group, a U.S. specialty insurer, and Guidewire Software announced that American Modern has selected Guidewire DataHub and Guidewire InfoCenter to support the insurer’s enterprise-wide data management and business intelligence strategies. Guidewire PartnerConnect alliance member, EY has been selected to work with American Modern on the implementation project.
American Modern is currently implementing Guidewire InsuranceSuite as part of a broader business transformation initiative and will be implementing DataHub and InfoCenter for its personal lines business. The organization selected DataHub and InfoCenter to help make data easier to access and understand for its customers, which includs both internal operations and agents. American Modern sought a data model that aligns with P&C industry standards and best-practices and enables standardized documentation of its data to be created and maintained.
“Ultimately, we expect Guidewire DataHub and InfoCenter will give us a single source of truth in terms of data,” says Bill Gottsacker, vice president, application development, American Modern. “Our visions to have accurate, standardized data that is available at both a transactional and an aggregated level in a centralized data repository. In addition, we look forward to having an automated business intelligence solution that will allow business users to quickly visualize data and generate actionable business insight.”
InfoCenter and DataHub will enable American Modern to:
- Improve the ease of doing business for agents, internal operations and staff through the enhancement of self-service options that will enable them to access reports and conduct queries independently;
- Obtain greater operational insight from its core systems and an enterprise-wide view to fine-tune its business; and
- Better map and convert data into its new core systems.
“We are pleased American Modern has selected Guidewire DataHub and InfoCenter,” says Ken Branson, director of product strategy and co-founder, Guidewire Software. “We are excited about partnering with them on this project and helping them realize their goal of gaining access to insights and data from across all their operations.”
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Insurance carriers interested in meeting or exceeding their customer’s expectations regarding mobility are looking at a two-pronged approach... READ MORE
Robert Regis Hyle
Everybody has a wish list and it seems that atop the lists for insurance carriers still operating with legacy systems is the desire to do away with... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Strategy Meets Action will hold its annual Summit in Boston on Sept. 14 and the focus for this year is: Becoming the Next-Gen Insurer... READ MORE
Starting last fall when the technology company dropped Mastek from its name and became simply Majesco, its mergers and acquisitions, and hirings have... READ MORE
Digital represents a continuous form of disruption to existing or new business models, products, services or experiences enabled by data and... READ MORE
In spite of all the arm-flapping and hand-waving stirred by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the way health insurance is purchased, and employee... READ MORE
- Vendor Views